Encourage students to read through the summer using Camp NewsELA!
- Instructional Strategies
- How to Spot a Gifted Child
- Differentiating Instruction
- Strategies for Teachers
- Hoagies Gifted for Teachers/AdminTeachers First - Excellent Resources K-12, ready made and professional articles
- Useful Websites for Educators of Gifted and Talented ChildrenTalented Children - A long list of excellent resources for various subjects
- William and Mary Center for Gifted Education - Units of study
- Social Emotional Needs of Gifted Learners - Meeting the needs of your gifted students
- The Twice Exceptional - Article about twice exceptional students
- Gifted Resource Center of New England - Excellent articles about the whole child
- Books, Games and Websites for Gifted Kids
- Fun and Interesting Websites and Games
Bibliotherapy for Gifted Students - use books to connect with your gifted students. Many gifted students experience social emotional issues as they grow and mature. Check out these sites to find out more:
Learning Goals--Teachers will be able to:
- Understand the pedagogical philosophy and purpose of differentiated instruction.
- Identify and experience the various tools through which classroom teachers can implement differentiated instruction.
- Create lessons using the tools for DI and share them with others.
**Note: You can make your own copy of the documents linked to this blog for editing by clicking on “File” -> “Make a Copy”. As you select various components, it will be necessary for you to make a copy for your records so this is helpful information. Copy/Paste or Downloading does work if you are not working in Google Docs.
AIG Booster Shots!
AIG Booster Shots are provided by NCDPI. They are intended to be used by districts to train teachers on a variety of issues pertaining to AIG students. Please view any Booster Shots that you may be interested in!