Whiteville City Schools
P.O. Box 609
Whiteville, NC 28472
Please Contact: Dr. Bonnie Parks
Whiteville City Schools is conducting interviews for the following positions:
English Language Learner Interpreter
Elementary EC Licensed Resource Teacher - Elementary K-6 Licensure Preferred (Whiteville Primary School)
Reports to: Principal
The specific responsibilities of the Part-Time Teacher include:
- Provide a supportive learning environment for students
- Use NCSCOS – Common Core Standards to plan and accomplish goals
- Use NC Common Core Unpacking as examples for teaching standards
- Developing level-appropriate instruction for classes
- Scaffold instruction
- Understand and use differentiation for instruction
- Teach to different learning styles
- Be engaging and motivating
- Communicate both orally and in writing about students’ progress and challenges with other essential EES staff
- Provide one-on-one counseling and educational tutoring to participants related to their educational goals, challenges and progress.
- Uses research based methods to instruct students in Reading/Math.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures
- Evaluates and monitors student's performance.
- Monitors student progress using formative and summative assessment.
- Uses data to drive instruction.
- Performs a variety of tasks as determined by the principal.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- Maintain an orderly ISS room with written expectations and procedures
- Ensure ISS students are fulfilling the Principal’s expectations for the students
- Communicate with the principal/assistant principal about ISS – maintain documentation
• Minimum of BA/BS degree, Masters in Education preferred
• Demonstrated ability to engage, and motivate youth
• Experience with developing innovative lessons
• Ability to work effectively with diverse young people and staff
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to engage in professional development
Position entails a 20-hour a week commitment from Monday-Friday between the hours of
8:00am – 4:00pm.